|Minneapolis, MN: Goodale Theatre|
Country: United States of America
Location: 524 Hennepin Avenue (until 1999: 22 7th Street North)
Built by William A. Swasey for Shubert Brothers. Opened 28 Aug 1910 as "Sam S. Shubert Theatre". In the 1930s renamed "Alvin Theatre", used for live theatre, films and strip shows. 1957 rebuilding, re-opened as a cinema named "Academy Theatre". Closed 1983. Feb 1999 translocation of the historic theatre (without the stage house) a block away next to Hennepin Center for the Arts. Subsequently restorations and rebuildings (removing the second balcony), re-opened 9 Sep 2011 as "Goodale Theatre". Named after donors Katherine and Robert Goodale. Operated as a part of the "Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts". Originally ca. 1600 seats, now ca. 500 seats.
Reverse Text: "Shubert THeatre, Minneapolis, Minn.", sign: "Shubert"|
Publisher: V. O. Hammon Pub. Co., Minneapolis and Chicago; No. 610
Type: Divided Back
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/4897|