|Ivoryton, CT: Playhouse|
Country: United States of America
Location: 103 Main Street
Built 1910-1911 as a factory workers' recreation hall. From 1930, used as a summer theatre.
Front Text: "Playhouse, Ivoryton, Conn."|
Reverse Text: "The Ivoryton Playhouse was established in 1930 by Milton Stiefel, its present director. It was this pioneer's experiment of combining country and theatre that led directly to a nation wide movement of summer theatre. Today the Ivoryton Playhouse is one of the outstanding theatrical institutions in the United States presenting only important plays and stars. Famous also is this theatre for its contribution in the development of many outstanding personalities of stage and screen."
Publisher: The New London News Co., New London CT; 80822
Type: Divided Back
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/7667|