Grand Rapids, MI: Civic Auditorium

Country: United States of America
State: Michigan
City: Grand Rapids
Location: Lyon Street NW

Multi-purpose hall, built 1932-1933 by Robinson & Campau. 3800 seats. Used for sports events, concerts and other events. 1975 renamed "George Welsh Civic Auditorium" in honour of the city manager and mayor George Welsh (1883-1974) who had initiated the building in 1930. 1984 renovations. Demolished 2003, with front fašade and lobby remaining. 2005 the new Steelcase Ballroom of the DeVos Place Convention Center was built behind them.

Link: Wikipedia

Grand Rapids, MI: Civic Auditorium Front Text: inscription:<7i> "Civic Auditorium"
Reverse Text: "Civic Auditorium, Grand Rapids, Michigan"
Publisher: Gemco - The Treasure House, Grand Rapids; GR-10
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Grand Rapids to Berlin (Germany), 1970

Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/7209

CARTHALIA Homepage