|Chicago, IL: Auditorium Theatre|
Country: United States of America
Location: Auditorium Building, 430 S Michigan Avenue / 50 E Ida B. Wells Drive
Built 1889 by Dankmar Adler and Louis Sullivan. Used by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra until 1904, and by the Chicago Grand Opera Company (later Chicago Opera Association and Chicago Civic Opera) until 1929. Since the 1940s, owned by Roosevelt University. 1967 renovations. Home to the Joffrey Ballet. Also used for concerts, musicals and other events.
Reverse Text: "Auditorium Theatre Interior. Photographer: Bill Hedruch, 1967. Hedrich Blessing Collection, HB-31105-C"|
Publisher: Chicago Historical Society
Type: 2000 postcard of a 1967 photograph
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/4744|