|Boston, MA: Wang Center for the Perfoming Arts|
Country: United States of America
Location: 270 Tremont Street
Built by Clarence Blackall. Opened 17 Oct 1925 as "Metropolitan Theatre", a vaudeville theatre and cinema. 1962 renamed "Music Hall", used for ballet peformances. 1980 renamed "Metropolitan Center", used for theatre performances and as a music venue. 1983 renamed "Wang Center for the Perfoming Arts" in honour of the donor, Dr. An Wang. 1989-1992 major restoration by Notter Finegold + Alexander. 3500 seats.
Front Text: "Metorpolitan Theatre, Boston, Mass.", "The Show Place of New England", sign: "Metropolitan"|
Publisher: Tichnor Bros., Cambridge MA; Tichnor Quality Views; 126994
Type: Divided Back
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/4279|