|London: Walthamstow Palace|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Borough: London Borough of Waltham Forest
Location: Walthamstow, 195-197 Walthamstow High Street
Built 1903 by Oswald Cane Wylson and Walter Long. Opened 28 Dec 1903 as a music hall and variety theatre. 1625 seats. From 1952 used for drama performances. Closed 20 Feb 1954. Demolished 1960 in favour of shops and flats ("Palace Parade").
Links: www.arthurlloyd.co.uk, CinemaTreasures, Wikidata
Front Text: "Walthamstow Palace, The High Street", signed: N. Charlesworth 1985|
Reverse Text: "Drawn by Nicholas Charlesworth"
Publisher: The Badger Press, Westbury; Vaudeville Postcards
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/4434|