|Liverpool: Liverpool Playhouse|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Lancashire
Location: Williamson Square
Built by Edward Davies, replacing an earlier theatre ("Star Concert Hall"). Opened 1866 as "Star Music Hall". 1911 rebuildings by Stanley Adshead, reopened as "Liverpool Repertory Theatre". 1916 renamed "Liverpool Playhouse". 1968 extension by a modern foyer and workshop building.
Links: www.everymanplayhouse.com, Theatres Trust, EUTA, Wikipedia
Reverse Text: "The Playhouse Theatre and REstaurant, Williamson Square"|
Publisher: City of Liverpool Public Relations Office; Photo: R. C. Jones
Picture: Liverpool Playhouse, in the background: St. John's Beacon (TV tower)|
Front Text: "2011 Liverpool Playhouse Repertory Company's Centenary Year"
Reverse Text: "Built in 1844, this Grade II liste building in Williamson Square was the home of the Liverpool Repertory Company from 1911 to 1999. The centenary of the oldes repertory theatre company in the country will be celebrated with a countdown to 11th November, a new book about its history, exhibitions, the reopening of the Playhouse Studio and three world premieres."
Publisher: Right Angle
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/2817|