|Dresden: Lincke'sches Bad|
Country: Germany (Deutschland)
Location: Radeberger Vorstadt, Bautzner Straße / Körnerweg (Schillerstraße 29)
First opened as a restaurant popular for day trips, also used as a summer theatre venue since 1775. 1776 building of a theatre named "Commödien Hauß", later also known as "Theater auf dem Lincke'schen Bade". 1853 addition of a concert hall by Bernhard Hempel. 1858 demolition of the theatre, 1859 descruction of the concert hall by a fire. Rebuilt and re-opened 1867 as "Grand Théâtre des Varietés". The whole complex was nearly fully destroyed by bombs in 1945.
Reverse Text: "Unbekannter Künstler. Theater auf dem Lincke'schen Bade bei Dresden. 1858. Kolorierte Lithographie. [...] Museum für Geschichte der Stadt Dresden."|
Type: modern postcard reproduction of a 1858 lithograph
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/3234|