|Braunschweig: Brünings Saalbau|
Country: Germany (Deutschland)
Location: Damm 16
Built 1787-1792 by Christian Gottlob Langwagen as a palacs for the von Veltheim family. Later converted into a theatre and multi-purpose hall, named after its owner Louis Brüning. From 1914 also used as a cinema ("Saalbau-Lichtspiele"). 1227 seats. Destroyed by aerial bombing on 10 Feb 1944 (killing the cinema audience that hid in the air-raid shelter in the basement).
Front Text: "Braunschweig, Brüning's Saalbau, Theatersaal"|
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Braunschweig to Holzminden, 1906
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/8312|