Country: Switzerland (Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizera)
Location: Lehnplatz / Schützengasse 11
Built 1865-1867 as a town hall ("Gemeindehaus"). 1925 conversion to a festival theatre (addition of an auditorium with ca. 1200 seats), intended for performances of Schiller's drama "Wilhelm Tell". Renamed "Tellspielhaus" (the second of that name, after a wooden theatre opened in 1899 and demolished in 1915). Also used as municipal theatre, home to the "Theater Uri" company. 546 seats.
Links: tls.theaterwissenschaft.ch, Wikidata
Reverse Text: "Altdorf, Tellspielhaus"|
Publisher: Wehrliverlag, Kilchberg
Sent: from Altdorf to Frauenfeld, 1938
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/3520|