|Piacenza: Teatro Municipale|
Country: Italy (Italia)
Location: Via Verdi 41 / Piazza San Antonio
Built 1803-1804 by Lotario Tomba for a private society of aristocrats. Opened 1804 with Johann Simon Mayr's "Zamori, ossia L'eroe dell'Indie". Ceded to the city of Piacenza in 1816. 1826 renovations by Alessandro Sanquirico. 1857 interior redecoration by Girolamo Magnani. 1857-1859 extension of foyers. 1938 conversion of the 3rd and 4th box tiers to galleries. Modernization of stage technology during the 20th century. Used for opera, drama and ballet performances as well as for concerts. Ca. 1100 seats.
Notable world premieres:
Front Text: "Piacenza, Teatro Municipale"|
Reverse Text: "Piacenza, Théâtre de la Ville, Town's Theatre, Stadttheater"
Publisher: M. M. P.
Type: Real Photo
Sent: from Piacenza to Firenze, 1960
Reverse Text: "Piacenza, Interno Teatro Comunale, Inside of the Communal Theatre, Intérieur du Théâtre Communal, Innere des Gemeindetheater"|
Publisher: Garioni, Piacenza; N. 9085
Sent: to Fiareggio [postmark without date]
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/2405|