Neustrelitz: Landestheater (new)

Country: Germany (Deutschland)
State: Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
City: Neustrelitz
Location: Schlossgarten / Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Straße

Built 1926-1928 as "Landestheater" by Max Littmann with Heinrich Düll, Georg Pezold, Hugo Schimmel, May Sollinger, and Matthias Teller for the state of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, on the site of a previous Landestheater (destroyed by fire in 1924). Opened 2 June 1928 with Mozart's "Così fan tutte". Interior destroyed by acts of war in April 1945. 1952-1954 rebuilding by G. Böckler, E. Conell, and F. Torka. Renamed "Friedrich-Wolf-Theater" in honour of the German playwright, Friedrich Wolf (1888-1953). After 1990, renamed "Landestheater Mecklenburg". From 2000, used as one of the homes of the "Theater und Orchester Neubrandenburg/Neustrelitz" and renamed "Landestheater Neustrelitz". Used for opera and drama performances by the resident companies. 399 seats.

Links: www.theater-und-orchester.de, Wikipedia

Neustrelitz: Landestheater (new) Picture: theatre model
Reverse Text: "Modell des Landestheaters in Neustrelitz (Nach dem Entwurf des Geh. Hofrat Prof. Littmann, München), Vorderansicht"
Publisher: Otto Wagner, Buchdruckerei, Neustrelitz; e 80451
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Not sent.

Neustrelitz: Landestheater (new) Reverse Text: "Neustrelitz, Landestheater"
Publisher: Otto Wagner, Neustrelitz
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Not sent.

Neustrelitz: Landestheater (new) Front Text: "Neustrelitz, Friedrich-Wolf-Theater"
Publisher: VEB Bild und Heimat, Reichenbach; III/18/6 A 3/61 DDR, Best.-Nr. 3/687
Type: Real Photo
Size: Classic
Sent: from Neustrelitz to Hamburg, 1962

Neustrelitz: Landestheater (new) Front Text: "Neustrelitz, Landestheater"
Publisher: Fotostudio Jung, Neustrelitz; Nest 06; Cekade 93/5
Size: Modern
Not sent.

Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/2050

CARTHALIA Homepage