Country: Netherlands (Nederland)
Built 1883 as German restaurant of the Amsterdam World Expo. 1884 relocated to Veendam, subsequently used as a theatre (later also cinema), concert hall and café. Opened 24 Aug 1884 with a concert. 350 seats. 1929 renovation and extension (529 seats). 1946 renovation. 1960 major rebuilding. Destroyed by fire on 23 June 1999.
Front Text: "Veendam, Veenlust", inscription: "Societeit Veenlust"|
Type: Undivided Back
Sent: to Leeuwarden, 1904
|Permanent link: https://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/4228|