|Bad Ischl: Kongress & Theaterhaus|
Country: Austria (Österreich)
City: Bad Ischl
Location: Kurhausstraße 8
Built 1873-1875 by Hyazinth Michel. Opened 1875 as "Kurhaus". 1965 severely damaged by a fire, with only the theatre hall surviving. Subsequently rebuilt to the original plans. 1997 major renovation, renamed "Kongress & Theaterhaus". Used for conventions and cultural performances. Since 1960, main venue of the operetta festival "Operettenwochen Bad Ischl" (now "Lehár Festival Bad Ischl").
Front Text: "Bad Ischl. Kurhaus."|
Type: Divided Back
Sent: to a location near Praha before 1918 [reverse destroyed by glue, mostly illegible]
Stamp (Austria, 5 July 1985)|
Text: "25 Jahre Operettenwochen Bad Ischl"
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/3188|